Main hot (00) from the trunk to the fender starter relay batt stud then an 8ga from that stud over to the alt (protected w a 12ga FL). some people prefer to disconnect/connect the "main hot" at the trunk battery with a solenoid so that this line is not "on" all the time which could have catastrophic results if something sharp in the route from trunk to front would cut the cable or if something up front would develop a dead short and the solenoid commonly used for this in the trunk next to the battery is a ford type that originally was on the fender on most early (of our era)fords. However the ones commonly sold in parts houses are made for intermittent duty (like when the average furd takes 2 minutes of cranking to start ) whereas one for this type of app will be "on" all the time the eng is running so an aftermarket "constant duty" ford type is needed. Myself I never sweated having the big cable running to the relay hot all the time even though I am as safety conscious as the next guy and I insulated all sharp edges very well when I routed it but some prefer it switched and some racing classes require a manual cutoff switch mounted outside the rear of the car by the bumper to interrupt the negative cable to the trunk floor.

Last edited by RapidRobert; 02/15/10 12:07 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth