Quote:

With the issues we have seen with the hyd roller lifters not pumping up and loosing their prime,I would think carefully before choosing that route.

With that being said, I've used a solid roller on my last two builds, one was a Turbo Buick V6 making over 800+HP and the last one was a 572 Hemi making around 700 HP. My Buick has 3500+ miles on the valve train and never had any issues with springs or lifters. I checked the lash only once a year and never really needed any adjusting. I run both of these engines with tight lash(.014-.016) since most of my driving is on the street.
Comp cams has a good selection of lobe profiles called "Extreme Street Rollers" and are very valve spring friendly. There lift profiles are not as agressive as some and tend to make things last longer. I'm sure other cam companies have something similiar.
Allan G.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.