Quote:

Sounds like the fuel pump is loseing its prime. To test it just screw a fuel preasure gauge on the test port and see if it still has preasure after you shut the car off. It should hold preasure for a long time, as in days after the car is shut off. If preasure goes down it will take a little time for it to pump back up after it drains down. Another less acuratre but easier test is to wait till you know it will have a long crank time and try turning the key to the run position for about 2 seconds before cranking, this will allow the pump to build the preasure back up and if it fires right up after letting the pump run a couple seconds first you know your pump is in the early stages of dying.

I agree that the pump is likely losing its prime. Not sure I agree with the second test though. I don't know that it will actually build any fuel pressure until after it starts cranking. I did have a similar situation with my Durango, it wouldn't start with the remote starter until the second try. 1st try it was priming the fuel rails and on the second try it would start. Interesting test because the auto start uses a defined crank time. After changing the pump it started 1st time every time. Fuel pump is easy to change but you have to drop the tank, make sure you run it low on fuel, like 20 miles past 0 DTE. A couple gallons of fuel sloshing around when you are dropping the take feels like a ton of weight.

Ken