Great combo, Brian!!

That very close to the 500hp stroker small block recipie I use for Mopar and Ford Small blocks for combos that want a strong 'big block' feeling torque curve in their cars that don't neccesarily care so much about winding them up too tight. One Key with hydraulic flat tappets is getting around 250 cfm at .400, since most hydraulics peak under .550 lift going .050 down from there I'm looking to get 265-280 at .500, this kind of flow gives you a big fat torque curve right in the middle of the powerband with a very streetable cam profile. Mopars want about 8-10 degrees more at .050 (typically 242-246 on the intake) for the same type of curve and Fords tend to like a single plane like the Vic Jr over the RPM type big dual plane. On your combo looking a the torque curves you can see the SVic is way overkill, it's lazy lazy until you get the piston speed WAY UP...I'd be real interested to se what the M1 (which is essentially a slightly updated strip dominator) would do...those runners go about 285 which might be perfect and worth enough up top over the RPM above 4000 (the equal-point cross-over is right around 4800 at 340 inches) or so to make a nice trade.

One thing I try to express is the with a 4" arm you're letting the piston speed do the work, you don't neccesarily want or need to wind them up so high, and truth be known a 370-ish smallblock motor can make the same HP as a 400+ incher with about 500 more RPM....actually the 370 is more efficient in terms of HP production because once you get over the torque peak the rings are acting like a brake (in terms of frictional hp loss per each 100 rpm of RPM gain). Strokers make there best moves in the big fat middle, that's the main reason automatic cars (with typically wider gear spreads) ET better with Strokers, they win in the Torque per Cube category, not so much the RPM dependant HP/cube dept.

did you chart the head flow? I'm wanting to a set of those X's.

I think the next potential big leap with the Magnum style stud rocker head would be to rotate the intake valve up and the exhaust down (while staying on the bore center) combined with a compact figure 8 combustion chamber and a 2.08" intake valve, very similar to the TFS twisted wedge. This could get rid of the pushrod pinch and shorten both runner lengths.....I think such a design could flow 280 at .450 and ~305-310 @ .500 without too much difficulty....and that equates to easy 600hp potential. With the right offset on the intake and a 1.73 (BBC/cleveland ford ratio) rocker ratio the sky is the limit....I think it could be made affordable too.

Last edited by Streetwize; 02/13/10 01:17 PM.

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0