Quote:

Quote:

If I remember right, MoparBilly had a set of BME's he had bought used, then put about 750 runs on them before a failure.
Just before that, Brian Downing had a "NEW" set of Manley top dollar steel rods that made a whole 15-20 runs before they totally destroyed their 572". Crank, Mega Block and about everything else junk.

So, I guess you never know.

Chris..

As I recall, he was also running a LOT on N2O on that engine when it failed.

My 440 failed about 75 runs after my last N20 use..but I had blown a head gasket and warped the tops of 2 pistons after the last use of my stone age N20 tuneup, and I DID NOT replace the pistons, juset put cometics on it and let it ride. The pass before it broke, it had a funny sound to it, and I returned to the pits, and told my buddies, "I think I broke one of those bad pistons". The next morning we fired it up, and listened to it, and they convinced me to run it...it let go coming out of the water. I dont hold the BMEs responsible for the failure.

My little brother's low deck,-1 headed 504 features 6.53 BME rods. In 15 years, the engine has been through 2 owners, 2 blocks, is about to get it's 2nd set of pistons, has over 1700 runs on it, and he has no intention of replacing the rods.

440 Jim,
My budget only allows for used Aluminum rods. For the 440 rod pin combo's BMEs were cheap, and plentifull. Now that we work into the stroker combo's with the BBC pin, it seems all I can find are GRPs . I'd prefer BME, but my new 517 will have a set of GRPs I got from Jack (Moore and Moore)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines