Man, I wish my valve cover had come clean without destroying that mark! The reason being it is so visible when you open the hood - I would even be willing to trade it for some other marks that I do have, but in out-of-the-way spots. Does anyone know what these marks on the valve cover mean? Assembly date of the engine? Auto or manual trans? Special equipment? Anyway, the paint on my pass side inner fender just foward of the wiper reservoir still bore the faint outline of the emmission decal, (by way of the old adhesive still on the surface)affirming that it is the correct placement on at least my car, dougsmopars. Does yours still have the OK stamp in place? No trace of mine at all - I wonder how it was left off. I do have the inspectors stamp that was punched through the fender tag as it was bent up going down the assembly line, maybe the OK paint stamp was superseeded by this other inspection? There were no marks on my firewall, but that is pretty neat that you found them - any ideas what they mean? (maybe the last three digits of any of the optional components installed?)Lastly, the paint in the engine compartment in general was very rough-textured in mine,as though an inordinate amount of overpray found its way there somehow. One of the many restoration mistakes I have seen in this area is to try and make it the same gloss as the exterior. In most of the original engine bays I have seen, the paint here is very sloppy.