Colin,

I LOVE your 'Cuda
Your car and wheels still has me thinking 'ole skool for my next project which I had 18's in mind for....

As for the louvers, I have finished installing them. I know, not vinyl top car but still look great IMHO.
A bit tricky and did it with the help of a good friend.
-We first found the true centerline of the backglass.
-Then true centerline of the louvers.
-Placed the louvers on the car lining both centerlines and mark the rear filler panel where the polished pics would be. We figured since the pins have to be dead center of the flat spot on the filler panel, it would make an excellent starting point for the louvers.
-After we drilled the pin holes in the filler panel, we installed the louvers with the pins pinned
-Next using an automatic centerpunch, we made our marks where the two upper holes for each louver hinge would be.
-Pilot drilled those holes and opened them up to 19/64" and installed RestoRick's (Thanks Rick ) OE type rivnuts, only after tapping down slightly the reinforcement panel below the skin to allow the rivnuts to sit flush properly before squeezing the gun.
-when we were done with the four upper hinge mounting holes, we bolte dthe louvers on and centerpunched the 3rd mouting nut on each hinge and installed a rivnut on each one.

a couple of comments regarding Gean Gregory's louvers.
The louver's themselves are beautiful, however, what is lacking is some quality hardware. the screws he supplied for the upper hinges are WAY too long. They would probably go through the headliner if I used them.
The posts/pins he supplies are a generic black coated pin which are horrible looking and do not even include gaskets. The hinges also did not come with the proper rubber gaskets. Had to get those and the proper pins from Jack's Auto parts (Thanks Jim!).
The 4 pieces of rubber supplied to prevent the louvers from rubbing against the glass do not even hold onto the louvers
Other than the hardware and missing parts, the louvers were great

Thanks everyone for trying to help me out.

HEre's a pic I took quickly after install, I'll have some better ones next time.

Gil

4441258-IMG_4045.JPG (262 downloads)