Do you need advice on how to R&R the trans, how to fix it, or both?

If it's advice pulling the trans, that's a big job, but not too tough for a first-timer... if you get a manual, have a good space, and plan on a weekend.

If it's advice on how to rebuild the trans, that's a little more involved (not a great job for a beginner). Having the correct year FACTORY manual, and a digital camera is a very good idea. Having a good 'surgically' clean area is darn near a necessity.

Trust me, you don't want to take the transmission apart, and let it sit a couple weeks... DAMHIK.

If you need advice on how to remove/install the trans, it's probably a good idea to see if there's a moparts member in the are who has opened one up before you take it apart. There isn't much magic in one, but it's a tricky enough thing that I wouldn't mind having an experienced person around when I work on one (and I have spent several years working on cars 40 hrs/week) to catch anything I miss - since it just ain't a kind of work I've done much of.

-Bill

Seduce the attractive, and charm the rest. ****** 489 C.I.D., roller cam, aftermarket heads, tunnel ram, stock '54 Dodge rear axle assembly: which of these doesn't belong?