Quote:

After the complete motor is bought. My budget would be in the 2000 dollar range to build it up.

Ya probably need to decide is the $2k budget for the motors hard parts, or does that include carb, headers, ignition, fuel lines and fittings, etc. That can easily add a grand or more to the tab. Following prices are approximate. My approach is if I had a sound 360 Mag core, as in didn't need rebuilt, AND a $2k ENGINE BUDGET, first I'd price a HV oil pump, pump drive, timing chain, and a premium gasket set ($350). New oil pan/pick up to fit chassis? If so, add for it ($200) Next - intake ($300). Cam/springs/rockers/pushrods next ($700). Once I know what I would spend on these items, I could see how much cylinder head work I could afford, which along with cam selection, is where the power is made. At that point, I'd pull the heads and check for cracks, etc. With some shopping around (e-bag/swap meets, etc.) you can probably buy cheaper than the prices that I said. Any good head or machine shop should be able to do a valve job, mill, a little port swabbing, and assemble in the $600 range; again, PRICE. At this time you can make informed choices on where to spend your money.

Free advice and worth every penny...
Factory trained Slinky rewinder.........