I have a 1972 Charger (B-body) with a fuel leak. First off, the charcoal canister was removed and blocked off (near the engine) long ago. Fuel cap is stock Stant #11806 which is a pressure relief cap. The leak seems to coming from just above the the 4 vent tubes on the passenger side of the tank. First I thought it was the hoses (original). I pulled hoses (they looked pretty good) and chopped off 2" of hose and reconnected, same leak. Then I installed new fuel hose with blocked ends, still same leak. Not sure if vent tube welds are leaking or from above tank but it seams like where vent tubes are welded to tank, yet they don't feel loose. Only way to tell is to drop tank. I want to repair tank and install vented cap for a 1966/1967 Charger, Stant #11646 because I don't need pressure building up in tank without the emission control charcoal system. I can tell the pressure builds up because often when I gas up I can her a big whoosh and even sometimes hear the tank kinda pop.

My questions-

1) Is 1966/1967 Charger fuel tank only vented thru gas cap or does it have an additional tank vent?

2) Is what I plan to do a good idea?