Quote:

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but if we are being picky about numbers, isn't a numbers 361 not possible?

Only date coded would be possible, since 361's were prior to block vin stamping.

That said if it is beleived to be the original motor for the car, does it make any sense to stroke it, and cam it up, and the hope that the block doesn't get a window in it while bagging it?

Sorry I couldn't resist asking. Not trying to start a peeing match or anything.

In any case, back to the thread, I think a good port job will work with 516's, and 450" motor. Rpms will be a little more limited than with some of the newer heads since the intake runners are a smaller volume, but should still work.

You are right. Just trying to do something a little different. It is a 66 Coronet. No way to verify that it is original ( it is. ) If done right and kept under 5000rpms, I think it will stay together. I have no experience with 516s, so the reason for my question. I have heard about hitting water with these. Thanks for your input. Pat

" The last official act of any goverment, is to loot the treasury" George Washington