Quote:

Just had this same problem last night! On my 73 Cuda. The flat part goes down....(I called metro to verify) , I fit it and glued it on. Went to shut the lid ... No way was it fitting!!!
Bulged the lid up and put a huge amount of pressure. I ended up having to rip it off, and i just ordered a eariler style from columbia parts on ebay.

What i dont under stand is what is so different abount a late 73-74 trunk lid/ gutter that makes that huge weatherstrip even work?

I am with you. There is no physical difference that I know of. I put it on the same way initially and pulled it off for the same reason. I am going to go with the early stuff too. Snoopy posted the factory drawings on how to install it and I think that is the way to go. My factory manual agrees with Snoopy but he had much more detail.
While my resto is not totally correct, I wanted it as close as possible within reasonable dollars. I just want a dry trunk.
Thanks for your reply
Craig

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado