jonnyj00,
By this time tomorrow, everyone will be all over this, trying to turn it into a war of brands, and almost none of them will look at, or care about, what your goals, budget, or proposed combination really are.

Tell us about the car: is it currently running? Stuts, or A-arms? 4 link or ladder bar? Have headers? If so, what size, and do they have room to move up for raised port heads? What does the car weigh, what tranny? and what are your performance goals?

Tell us about the engine: 440, so RB.. true 440 or stroked?
Solid cam or roller? If you intend to use what you already have, what style pistons? Do you already have rockers?

Budget?? what that word means is different for everyone! Can you afford $1000 to 1500 for reliable, proper valvetain gear? Can you afford port work? Can you afford to build another set of 1200$ custom headers?

Now let the deliberations begin...I could give you examples of about 5 different engines, and the dollars spent vs. performance, but then one of our chevy drivers would come on here and call me an idiot..so I'll wait until you provide more info...meanwhile we'll listen to reccomendations ranging from "budget home ported 906's are all you need" to "why waste money on anything short of fully flowed Predators"...

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines