I bought one of those Procomp ready-to-run distributors with a matching coil to replace the lean-burn ignition on my 77 Chrysler, and there's something weird about it: the relationship between the location of the rotor and the "tang" or whatever you call it at the bottom of the distributor shaft that fits into the slot in the distributor drive gear is not the same as the stock distributor. In other words, there is no way to put in the new distributor and have the rotor end up in the same position as the stock distributor. At first I thought maybe the lean-burn distributor I was taking out was an oddball compared to the standard Mopar electronic distributor, but I compared it with the one from my other car and it was identical. The position of the rotor in the new distributor is almost one full eighth of a circle away from the position of the rotor in the old distributor (in the clockwise direction), so I guess I can shift the wires on the cap clockwise by one position to match the new location of the rotor. Has anyone else used one of these distributors and, if so, what did you do when you came across this situation?

Thanks!

69 Chrysler 300 Convertible 77 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 2-dr 03 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited