Quote:

Quote:

no offense Bob but I wouldn't run a Coan again if they were free by the truck load. They can't handle high torque motors it would seem. We had two of them in two different cars BOTH ripped the fins out of them and old man coan is an #@&!. Switched to Hughes and no more problems, better performance, and great customer service.

Jim , why don't you tell him how you really feel

Non Taken
Im glad he shared his experiences. I know Jim is a veteran racer and knows his way around a race car.
I havent heard any other horror stories about Coan. but Im sure every converter company has them. Im just going by my experiance.
The converter I purchased was actually a custom job for a stroker small block Chevy in a tube chassis car.
So I called them up. Whats nice about the Coan converters is they are stamped, and every detail on the spec sheet can be looked at years later.
They actually told me that it might work pretty good in my car. Even though it was now behind a 560CID big block in a dragster. I was figuring on sending it in, but the actually suggested I tried it.
They was very nice, and sounded sincere..and they just didnt seem to be out for one thing... Money....
I cant say the converter was the best, but it ran good, with good mph and low slippage.
I now have a 727 version, as well as my best friend who now races my old Dakota...
They just perform flawless in trans brake applications for us.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]