Quote:

Looking to upgrade my ignition system this winter. I've been looking at the different distributor options. Mainly looking at Pertronix, MSD and Mallory. I currently have iron heads but am also looking to upgrade to Edelbrocks within the next year.

The Pertronix information suggests that their distributor won't fix with aftermarket heads, so I've ruled that one out. I know I'd like something with easy-to-adjust mechanical advance and I'd also like to have vacuum advance, since this is a 95% street car that could see some occasional strip time.

Anyone have any opinions on what the best option would be for me and any experience with fit using aftermarket heads.

My previous 440 had the E heads with MSD Pro Billet (no vacuum advance) setup, so I know that fits and worked well. Going to the MSD with vacuum advance (they call it ready to run) cost an extra $100, which seems a bit pricey ($369 for distributor alone through summit).

I'm looking to run with a CD Ignition box that has some sort of rev limiter (4-spd without it makes me a bit nervous)

Thanks

Send sunroofGTX a PM. The Firecore wire guys are coming out with bunch of different distributors this winter. Rich assured me they are awesome.