Quote:

My 'Cuda was originally black with a white interior. When I bought it 20+ years ago, it had been converted to a fairly decent black interior with original parts. (with 2 drivers's side '70 Challenger seats...?) I'm in the process of restoring it, painting it In-Violet with a black hockey-stick stripe, obviously originality for originality's sake isn't a priority. I've thought about converting the interior back to white, just because it's cool looking, but with the still decent original black panels, it seems like kind of a waste, especially if the new ones aren't of the same quality or detail. How DO repop door panels compare to originals? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

The current repro vacuum formed door panels s u c k . I witnessed bits of Troy spending 4 hours fitting EACH door panel to his Challenger. That's 12 hours for all 4 panels. Part of the body had to be cut to get them to fit correctly and insure as much structual integrity as they can. And he works swiftly, he's fully built many top quality cars in the past, has been a full time mechanic, and has a full array of tools and equiptment.

You are much better off dying/painting the panel you have now white.

Now if you look in the new products thread... Metro parts is working on a new injection molded front door panels.