Quote:

do you have any more details on the "banana"? frame, trans, ect?

I brought the car home from its home in New York last year. I do not have a garage where I live now so I put it in my grandmas garage and it has since been "buried" in there for the next few months.

Nothing has been changed on the car from the way it was then. The body is all hand laid fiberglass that is sitting on a aluminum frame. There were no markings on the motor that I could see but from what other sources have told me it is a evenrude from 1939 that ran on alcohol. The engine was a pull start and from what I have been told it took many pulls to get it running. The car is only about 7ft long and weighs less then 400 lbs. or so. It is also only about 3 ft high or so.

One guy told me that he pull started my uncle and when he dropped the rope and lit the ignition the car took off around them and they were going 85mph! He said that my uncle couldn't get it to shift into high gear so he shut it off. The offered to pull start him again but the tow car couldn't gain enough speed for the car to fire in high gear. They estimated that they would have to be going around 115 mph for that to happen.

The car now is in decent shape, their is 1 hole (about 6in round) in the lower body. It looks like someone might have kicked it. The chrome pipes for the exhaust are all pitted but I believe they would clean up. Other then that it is dusty and dirty. My uncle was a man of few words, and died suddenly but I have found a guy who lives in CA that knew a lot about the car.

Just another "barn" find right?