I have been so frustrated because we have very few opportunities to run the ¼ mile here in So. Cal. The last time I got to run the quarter was at MATS in March. We had just put together the car and everything was untested. In Vegas the best we ran was 10,15 @ 128 with a bad converter. There have been no T&T days at Fontana and I did not seen any scheduled for the rest of the year. So I was ecstatic when I saw Sam Robinsons post that Fontana was going to run a T&T with a motorcycle event this weekend.

I got to Fontana, and it was pretty cool 58*, I checked the car out and went to stage, let er rip and the car pulled hard right, I had to get out of it. My Crew Chief “HOLLYWOOD” said there were bald spots in the left lane. Also it was a pro tree and caught me with my pants down. Went back to staging, this time got in the right lane with the sportsman’s tree, let her rip and got a 10.033 @ 131.75 the sixty was ok at 1.39. Went back to the pits and I had oil everywhere!!! The puke can from the newly placed vacuum pump was ¾ full but the breather was saturated. HOLLYWOOD was very very concerned. I called Big Al Aquirre and asked for some input. He gave me some advise on the moroso fitting under the valve cover but said we had to get a gauge to figure out exactly where are vacuum was and maybe get a larger puke can.

Hollywood thinking fast on his feet disconnected the puke can and installed a 1 gallon old paint thinner can, he took the fitting off the hose and stuck it into the gallon can, he poked some holes for a vent, we filled up on Alky and off to the lanes we went. The car hooked pretty good with a 1.38 60’ and I was pretty happy squeaking off my fist niner with the car, she went 9.998 @ 131.87, Hollywood was happy with the pass and made a joke about me squeaking in to the 9ns. He was concerned because the EGT were a bit high in the 12.50s maybe a little higher. We switched the 100 pill for a 92 and off we went.

The car must have like the change because we got the best for the day!!! 9.946 @ 132.87 We also got a best 1/8 et @ 6.29.

I know the car has more in her, just so dang hard to get ¼ mile runs here in So. Cal.

I want to say thanks to all of you for letting me share my joy and I want to give a huge thanks to member Sam Robinson for letting me know about the T&T and all his hard work prepping the track!!

Diego