Quote:

Copper header gaskets???

Garbage in my books.
Use like Bill said, and maybe even treat each side to a skim of Ultra Copper RTV sealant.
I've never had a leak doing this, and FWIW, I am still using the header flange gaskets that came with my TTI's 3 years ago, and they have been off at least 4 times!!

With the proper thickness and annealing, copper gaskets are FAR superior to anything out there. I have used plenty of copper gaskets and still use them in some cases. There are plenty of cheap copper gaskets out there without the proper annealing.

I have two sets of TTIs. My set for my 440 leaked where the tube was welded to the flange. I changed out the first set of gaskets before I figured it out.
The second time I had the header off I welded it up and put the original gaskets back on. All is good now, but is was a big pain in the azz until I fiquired it out.

I did post here about my trouble after I replaced the gasket the first time and that did not fix it. Was told to use a small diameter tubing as a machanics stefoscope. It worked and I could hear exhaust leak between the tubes not around the gasket.
I have some pictures of my repair if I can find it. I'm on a old slow computer at work and photobucket is real slow going on this computer.

In all fairness to TTI, before you jump to conclusitions that TTI are junk.

When I first started this motor it did not have enough timing and within the first minute or two of run time the headers were glowing. I bumped up the timing while it was running and turned down the idle, but the damage was more than likely done the first 2 minutes of run time.

Something to think about. MY

Last edited by Challenger 1; 11/10/09 07:16 PM.