I bought an R/T S.E. in 1974 it had the tail panel done in a black textured paint... I rarely bother to post about it in these threads because some have made up their minds & refuse to believe they could be wrong.... Fact is about five years back I found the original tail panel off my R/T S.E. in my dads attic & offered to send it to Kissalien & he had no interest in seeing something that could contradict his belief...A couple years back in a similar thread there were at least six people who posted that they had owned R/T S.E.'s in the 70's & 80's that the panel was blacked out on... It has been pointed out that there is no special part number for a black panel... I say there are quite a few other parts that don't have a special part number... Or the manual tells you to use something that is different from the original part...

And FWIW it's just this kind of crap that makes me care even less about absolutely correct restos & building cars the way you the guy spending the money likes it to look....