You'll most likely not get too many responces on this type swap, it hasn't caught on real heavy yet, most still stick with the LA swaps, its not that hard really (thats going the simple route), but there is still more involved then one may tell you, if you were going carb'd & keeping the 904 & installing all the older pulleys, i could help you out as i'm in the middle of doing it on my 71 dart, as for the trans, the 518 needs a device to make it shift if your not useing the computer, plus you'll need to shorten the driveshaft, don't know about the trans mount, but running a floor shifter will help free up linkage issues you might incounter, don't know about what all involved on the computer install, but i'm sure you'll have a project on your hands doing this swap unless you keep it simple by going carb'd, use the 904, run the older pulleys.

If you go the simple route & go carb'd, here is some of the things you'll need.

Crosswing RPM airgap, i got mine for 189.00 shipped from KMJ Performance out of Aims Iowa.

Flex plate if you run the 904, i found one from a later model, starting around 98/99 they started putting weights on the flexplate, this way you can run no weights on your converters, but you will need to longgate one of the holes so the 904 converter will fit.

Motor mounts/brackets, if this car had a 318, you should be able to use those.

Timing cover, if you keep the reverse flow WP & serp. system, you can use the one thats on the engine, if you go with the older set-up, you'll have to use an LA timing cover.

Oil pan, you will need the pan off the LA 318, but you also need to use the LA oil pan gasket, the magnum one will not work.

Fuel pump, if you go elec., you won't need a cam extention Part# Hug 7013, but if you go mech. pump you will need this, now this is IF you stay with the factory cam, even if you have re-ground, you can get an aftermarket cam that has the extention built in, but there around 350.00 bucks.

I sent my stock cam off to Bullet cams for a re-grind, it was 150.00.

Last edited by joedust451; 10/26/09 01:09 AM.

75 Duster, 451 10.87 @ 123.58 NA 97 Z28 6sp., 12.01 @ 115 on a 100 shot 71 Swinger. 360 magnum. 12.58 @ 105 78 cutlass, 469 BBC. 12.70 @ 108 on street tires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2kqNmMfheU