Quote:

I do have your book Andy and have read most of it. Very good read - congratulations. You seem to favor the 4.25 stroke (or so it seemed to me). Any particular reason other than cubes? I will look into some of the other kits but the 4.125 Mancini kit seems to be a very attractive price compared to what I have seen so far.

I did see an earlier post where you were talking about running HP manifolds on your 470. I thought you said you were trying the same on a 512. How did that turn out, did you use the .528 MP cam on that also?

Steve

My new low deck 512 motor does have HP manifolds but it has a small hyd roller camshaft rather than the .528 flat tappet. It made good power on the dyno but I haven't installed it in my car yet.

Yes, with a 440 block I'd recommend the 4.250 stroke crankshaft and Chevy rod journals with Chevy rods. 6.800 or 7.100 long rods should be fine. Either setup is very nice and the piston has plenty of room for a conservative ring stack.

If you shop only on price then you'll be getting the least expensive items on the market. That includes the rings, bearings, bolts, etc. That is fine if that is what you want but don't go that way if you're planning on making a bunch of power. Lots of ways to go, just make a plan and understand what you're doing and you'll be fine.