Quote:

Don't forget to get the cylinder head checked for cracks. we have seen more than a few cracked.

I took the head to a machine shop and the head gasket was definetly blown. Had the head checked and had 2 cracks in that particular part of the head. The spark plug was black and it was not firing at all. The machinest said the head cracked because of the failed head gasket. Had to get a replacemant head and had a valve job done and had the head checked to see if it was perfectly flat. I put it all together this past weekend and fired it up. It actually runs pretty good now even with a lopey cam. It is now running on 8 cyclinders and not 7 as before. I let the engine run for about 30 minutes, looking for leaks etc. and checking for anything out of the ordinary. Is there anything I should do to assure myself that everything is in order, as I have never done this type of job on the car before?

Thanks for your help.

My car 74 Duster mild 360/904/3.91 13.44/101.54 Son's car 75 Dart Sport 318/904/4.10 looking for a 360 or 408 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic B-5 6 speed 2010 Jeep SRT8 for the little wife