Well we went out to play around a little yesterday with the car since we made the changes. To recap those changes are moving the cell and pump up front, new set of valvesprings, new chute, accumulator and longer wheelie bars. I had not run the car all out with the longer bars yet. Anyway I have come the the conclusion my car cannot fall out of a tree very fast.

My 60' times are HORRIFIC. This car has never been stellar in 60' but NEEDS to be better than it is. First off we did not change the 4 link at all, just were out to have some fun and play a little bit. We did try launch RPM's from 4500-59000 rpm, tried air pressure from 7.5-8.75 lbs, short burnouts, long burnouts also loosened the extension on the shocks once. Oh yeah we even tried a new set of plug wires in A-B-A testing and got no gain, actually lost a tad, but to be fair we had not tried changing timing or jetting with the new wires, but they did slow the car 1.5 mph and a few hundredths. Oh yeah we jetted up to and the car liked that with a 1.5mph gain, unfortunately I did not have any larger jets so not sure if there is more there, yes we did this before swapping wires. The wire test was just that A-B-A, changed nothing but the wires. We also left the timing alone. Would have played with the shocks more but we had a pipe fitting crack and leak on the fuel pump and were done for the day.

The results speak for themselves. We got zip zero nada, nothing made a difference. The 60' did not change at all. We had a best if 1.250 to 1.266. Thew 1.26 was with the bars to low unloaded the tire and got a revolution or so of spin. Now while one might be happy with a 1.26 60' keep in mind this car is going 169mph running 8.20's the best mph in the 1/8th was 133 at 5.36. The car should be running quicker but until I can get it to cover the first 330' quicker it is just gonna run 20's I guess. The air was just ok for us yesterday at 1900'+- most of the day when we ran.

I guess I should be happy as we are commited to running S/ST with the car next year. We did pick up a couple, well 3 MPH most likely a result of the spring and jet changes. The leakdown numbers are still 3% or less. The car drives great. Hopefully I can carry some of that over on the stop. I had been dropping about 10mph on the stop at 10.90 so hopefully now I will be right at 158-9.

I will try and get the video up but may be a few days. Have friends arriving today from Japan so that has priority. I am open to any thoughts you might have on this deal. here is where we are at. Launch RPM is 4700 shocks are 3 from stiff on extension and 4 from stiff on compression. 4 link is 84 and 1 right now. Want to try and maybe bring that back a bit. My next option is IIRC 69 and .5 but have to look at my notes. EDIT for old age sake..I am currently at 69 1/8" out and 1 1/2" up. Next option is 60 1/2"out and 5 1/2" up So lets hear it..Also think the 4.56's are gonna go in it. I was able to get 7750 crossing the stripe yesterday which is better than where I was but can still stand a bit more RPM. That should also help getting the car moving.

Last edited by Al_Alguire; 10/07/09 12:18 AM.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"