Quote:

Years ago i bought a 72 Challenger as a roller and dropped my street 440 and 727 into it. Unbeknownst to me , the car had a power brake master cylinder pushrod with a manual mc. There was no brake light switch either, so nothing to keep the rod from coming out,which it did on my first pass. What a surprise to find the brake pedal up against the bottom of the dash when it came time to stop. A downshift to 2nd didn't help much, so i went to reverse. I thought i could just bump reverse and put it back into neutral. Locked up the slicks and pitched the car sideways pretty good. Instantly. Can't say i wouldn't do it again but it would probably be a last resort. Im sure i was well below 100 mph when i thought to put it into reverse. Hate to think what would happen at high speed.

great story, and proves again that it could work under extreme conditions. you stoped the car and didn't crash. yes it's last resort but a viable option none the less. and look how many people didn't know it was an option.!!!!!!!!