Quote:

So the 280 .474 lift will work just as well? I had thought it was similar but I knew the original hemi grind specs were different.

Would this cam work alright with stock stall and 3.23 or 3.55 gears? It seems a little too big to me.

I'll be in a '68 440, with headers and an Eddy Performer RPM, 800 with vaccuum secondaries.

I've run this cam in my street car for over 10 years. I have a similar combination but run low compression, (around 9.3:1). I often think about putting a mild solid in the car (MP.528), but the combination is just so sweet as a driver. I added eddy rpm heads a few years ago and picked up a surprising 1000 rpm. It also doesn't seem to mind 87 octane.

The 3800 lb car runs mid 12's, 107-109 mph with a stock factory 22-2400 converter and 3.23 gear. It all depends where you shift the car. 4.10 gears are just a little too much and require 6100 rpm shifts to net 12.2 at 111.9 mph.

3.73 or 3.9 gear is the max gear I would ever use if I chose to compete with this cam.

I don't think a cam change is worth the few tenths gain for the few trips to the track. The big fat torque is right there in the driving range at all times for such a mild motor.

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!