I got a small hole in one of my Goodyear 14x32 slicks this weekend. It's about 1/3 of the way in from the edge or from the center. I used a pug that I had in the trailer, cut it off flush with the tire surface. Then I did a big burn out to see if it would hold and then just drove easy down the track and it held just fine. So I went ahead and raced with it keeping my eye on it each burn out.

I made about 5 passes before I lost so now I'm trying to figure out if I can patch it and use it the rest of the year and how others have done it.

I've heard of some of the tire shops have a plug/patch that plugs the hole and patches the tire on the inside and I would think that would be best.

I've spoke to a friend of mine who has plugged 2 of his slicks and ran them the until they wore out and never had a problem.

So I'm looking for input from guys that have experiance with patching a slick so I'll have a better idea what to do next. I really don't want to have to buy new slicks, they only have about 50 passes and I'd have to buy 2 so they would match so I really don't want to go that round if I don't have to.

I also don't want to hear just opinions, I want to hear from people who've had experience, 1st or 2nd hand. I know the safest thing is to replace them but I don't think that's necessary.

Thanks in advance..

Wade Metzinger 918-809-0987
71 Cuda 9.28@145 -1s, Pglide
68 Cuda 10.64@124 1.45 60's 318->390 eddys
Moparts discount code on WIX - moparts www.Filter1.com