When I saw this topic I had a few other ideas:

Pro Stock, Comp Eliminator, etc, DO NOT need a guy standing directly in front of the car during the burnout. Let that car get the least bit out of shape and you have a dead man. If you can pilot a 6 second car, you should be able to complete a burnout on your own.

Funny car crews should NEVER be allowed to reach their arms under the rear fenderwells to wipe the tires while that car is pulling up to the line. I don't want to see two guys lose both arms because of a throttle or clutch malfunction.

Downtrack safety crew, EMT, track manager, SOMEBODY should have full control of when next pair of cars go down the track. The starter should have NO authority to send cars down unless the downtrack person has given the "all clear." I have seen several times when a broken car was still on the track with the next pair coming right at them. No excuse for this at ANY level of racing EVER.

Also NHRA national events should allow maybe half the people at the starting line then they have now. Remember Doug Herberts starting line explosion? Scott Weis had one too a couple years ago. No way all those people are needed up there.

[image]http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/nhramark1/library/Racing[/image] 9.100 @ 150 mph 5.780 @ 120 mph