In my initial post reply I said that:
Quote:

Aluminum is a Good conductor

(referring to the Battery Negative Cable attachment to the Mopart's member's Aluminum Heads.)

Primarily the main-ground is the Cable attached between the Block, or Water-Pump, or Cylinder-Head and the Battery Negative Terminal.

Then, another post from "MoparforLife" (having read in the initial post, "things seem to be quirky with electrical now") suggested:
Quote:

also have a ground from the rear of the head/intake area to the vehicle fire wall.

I was simply agreeing with that thought, an additional ground strap. I never mentioned "Starting" in my reply and my agreeing with the Additional Ground Strap was to help with secondary electrical needs, and not dealing with the Starter-Elecrical at all.

In addition, either the Factory (or through a subsequent replacement) the Negative Battery Cable is sometimes under-size or small diameter (can't pass enough current,) or the cable itself may have corroded internally, or eventually it winds up with a bad connection due to corrosion at the bolt connection.

In that instance, current can instead pass through the starter into the block then through Motor-Mounts, the Transmission, the Drive-shaft, etc, all back into the chassis and back to ground/negative battery terminal.

Adding an additional dedicated grounding strap between the engine and chassis provides an additional path should there be a problem with the Primary Ground Cable between the Engine and Negative Battery Terminal, or if the "pigtail" connection fails at the chassis, for everything else electrical on the vehicle to ground back to the Negative Battery Cable.

Some vehicles come from the Factory with this "additional ground strap" (between engine and chassis) and others never had one.

Motor Mounts were never intended to act as a Primary Ground, but if the Negative Battery Cable Attachment Fails, the electricity seeks another path, that's all I intended.