Well,

I've finally got the truck back running after the fire (work-related drama taking up my time)...

Went for another cruise; seems like it's too lean off-idle. Have .073/.047 metering rods in it.

Have decided to go thru my stash o' rods and maybe change jets, too.

But, being one of those 'semi-educated' types, I decided to actually 'mathematic' out the areas. Then, I decided to put my newly acquired excel skills to use, and make a spreadsheet so I don't need to break out the calculator every time.

And then I thought, "gee, I should post the spreadsheet on moparts, so others won't have to break out the calculator".

So, here it is (download the attached .xls file)...

You can enter up to four steps of metering rod size. Helpful if you want to a) calculate a 3 step rod, or b) calculate TWO different metering rods.

I have already entered values for a .070X.037 and a .062X.045 rod and ..098 and .104 jets. These are the values you change for your application - they're green and bold; the areas of the jets minus the area of the metering rod is found in the 'effective area' column.

Hope this helps someone else, and enjoy!

-Bill

5465061-JetCalculator.xls (136 downloads)

Seduce the attractive, and charm the rest. ****** 489 C.I.D., roller cam, aftermarket heads, tunnel ram, stock '54 Dodge rear axle assembly: which of these doesn't belong?