I ended up putting a 98 magnum 318 in my Volare. Its carburated with a rpm air gap intake. Stock roller cam. It cranks 165-175 PSI. My timing curve has 15 initial and 32 total and is all in around 2500. I'm using a low gear 904 lockup with a 2500 stall converter and the car has 4.10 gears with 26.5" tire on the back. I did do rings and bearings and ported the heads a bit and they got a fresh valve job. I'm going to be putting my 8 3/4 with 3.23 gears back in the car once its sorted out.

I started playing with it in the spring but got sidetracked and started at it again last weekend.

The engine idles great, you can bring the revs up slowly and everything is fine. Its when you give it a quick snap of the throttle the engine stumbles. When driving its worse, you slow down and go around a corner and it has a stumble from idle to part throttle. Its a 600cfm holley vac secondary. It has 25 squirter and 64 jets in the front.

I'm going to try another carb on it tomorrow. I did have a 750 DP on it that my friend races with and it was better but still there.

What I'm thinking is it has too much vacuum and the power valve is opening way too late. I was thinking about taking the power valve out and jetting up 8 sizes and try it. Maybe its too lean?
Its an out of the box carb, I changed it over to the dual feed bowls. I could play with the distributor and put more initial timing in it if that would help.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Glen

87 dakota 6.1 hemi