Quote:

With that car it will not be too tough to achieve mid twelves without using up a budget. Mill the heads to about 60 CC's, leave your stock pistons, porting not needed but will help, (mine wasn't and with 1.88 valves or 2.02, made 0 difference), run a 271 HDP Crower Cam, an LD340 intake and 750 Holley and some nice gears and tires and you are there. If I can do it anyone can.

Doesn't take much to get a early 70's A-body to run mid 12's. Any year magnum 360 will work. Yes a mid 90's mag will work. If you want to use the serpentine belt setup there's some tinkering to be done there to get the newer ps pump to mate with your ps box. Alternatively the old 318/360 front end(timing cover/water pump housing/brackets/70's alternator & ps pump) will all bolt up if you want to keep that old style look with the stock 70's V-belts instead of the serpentine setup.

If you take a 90's mag 360 and do eddy rpm intake, 650 holley carb, recurved or aftermarket dist, cam and headers with some rear gearing and a 3k stall converter I think you should see mid 12's.