Quote:

thanks 70 cuda. i think im going to leave mine open for now. in N.Y where i live 45 degrees can happen in the middle of summer, so i better leave it open. but then again im gonna run a manual choke so it doesnt matter either way i guess. 6 of one and a half dozen of another.

yea...not sure it matters...the choke WILL make cold starts easier. but, that is countered by the air flow restriction the choke horn makes.

no choke means more airflow into the carb... but if you're running the heat cross over, then it's going to be hot air!

at one point, I had an edelbrock carb with electric choke on my truck, with the heat cross over blocked, and it would fire off almost immediately, sit on the high idle cam for 15-20 seconds, blip the throttle, and it would idle like it had been running for 30 minutes!

I would consider a choke with blocked off cross over before I would consider no choke with it open.

once it's warmed up, you don't really need the heat cross over, and a cold start...there's no heat in there to help out anyway! that's where the choke helps out!

**Photobucket sucks**