I dont typically post alot of Race/tech questions, but I am not sure where I am going wrong. I am working on a 68 Hemi crossram with the correct Holleys on it for a 426 Hemi-Dart. I would rather figure this out for myself, but I am not experience with dual quads...so I need some help.

The problem is the car will not want to idle in gear. Will idle great in park (1400), but has to be two footed contantly when put in gear. Idling it up doesnt seem to help.

Details are..12.5 compression, 700 lift solid roller(R290 Cam), pretty much stock heads and valve train, stock crossram, auto car, with a dynamic conv, two holley blue pumps with dual regulators, jetting is close to stock per Direct Connection book. Carbs were rebuilt in past year. Timing is about 32 degrees. Old Mopar Per Dist. MSD 7al and coil. Taylor wires, Plug gap is about .045.

I used the Dvorack machine synchronizer, but the after checking the idle in neutral was pretty close to being right anyhow before using it.

I am sure this combination could be optimized, but I would like diag on the idle condition. Comment, questions would be appreciated...

Justin

Interested in having you car wired? Drag car, street car, EFI swap? PM for details