Quote:

exactly! I would be more upset with the machine shop, and make them fix it, and then re-check everything for square!

if THEY broke the ears off, then THEY need to fix it, and adding that much heat to the block, you might distort cylinder bores or something, so THEY should check everything to make sure it hasn't moved

but, bottom line, yes it can be fixed and use your stock motor mounts. I saw bob george's work fixing some blocks for his customers, and holy crap! I used to think a window in the side of the block meant it was junk, but not anymore!

Well the ears were broke off 2 years ago when this block was machined. The guy who did the machine work is a good enough machinist, but a clown. Took about 6 months or more to get the block from him, finally got it home and didnt notice the ears were gone a few months down the line. Before I figured out he was a clown I took him the 440 block that is in my car at the moment. I paid to have the cam bearing journals corrected. (Journals too small from the factory, cam fit WAY too tight.) When I picked the block up he had scraped the bearings to fit my cam. No biggie, but I paid to have the block corrected. He also tried to charge me an extra 150 for a line hone. No dice, didnt ask for it, block didnt need it. Didnt pay for it and wont ever pay for it. Short verstion of the story, I never had a chance to get the ears back.

Like said above, no way I'll braze or weld on the block now. Warped cylinders dont appeal to me.

Just for giggles I think I'll fashion something and epoxy it. Maybe a thin bushing, epoxy it to the block, etc. Yeah, I know its a waste, but I want to see if the epoxy will adhere to the block and stay adhered.

72 RR, Pump gas 440, 452s, 3800 lbs, Corked, ET Radials,. 11.33@117.72. Same car, bone stock 346s, 9.5 comp, baby solid. 12.24@110.