Hi guys, been awhile since I checked in, but I have a question about my dad's race car. Although I'm now a "former" dragracer, I still go with my dad and help him out on occasion and Sat night I noticed that in the burnout the left tire smoked hard while the right put off very little smoke at all. This is a fully Cal Trac equipped Volare BTW. My first thought was to check the adjustment on the bars since he hadnt checked them in a few years, and the fact that the car would move a little left on the launch. The bars were indeed way out of adjustment, so I took care of that and the car then went arrow straight the rest of the night, BUT, there is still not much smoke out of the right rear tire, maybe a tad more, but still much less than the left. I've seen this occasionally on other cars, mostly ladder bar or 4 link cars that were not adjusted correctly, but only rarely do I see this. I have set up many cars for guys with the Cal Tracs, including my Dart, but I've never encountered this before on any of those. Any thoughts on whats going on here? Thanks guys.
Ken.