Having problems finding any info or wiring schematics for my 1966 Charger. I have owned it for 11 years and the Electroluminescent dash lights have never worked. I have always heard it's the E.L. driver that is the main problem. I recently got a prototype driver from a gentlemen in Maine to test on my car. I replaced mine with his sealed unit and still no worky. I have an extra driver I got years back but had never installed. So, I tried it. Still nothing.

It's possible that I have 3 non-op units but unlikely. The proto unit was tested by the builder and worked properly. I am curious what else may be my problem. If it matters, my hide-a-way headlights don't function from in the car but I can manually jump them from under the hood at the motor one at a time. I have replaced the switch and the circuit breaker behind the drivers side kick panel with no results. I am at a loss and have no clue where to start looking next.

In the picture is my prototype unit on top in it's plastic cover. On bottom is a factory driver from my car. Thanks in advance.

Vinny

5387109-DSCF0037.JPG (506 downloads)