This is kinda long... motor is a 588" all aluminum with orginal B1 heads. Hogans sheet metal intake with two Pro Systems dominators on top. Bought motor from a guy that had it in a dragster running in the 6's with a small shot of nitrous. The motor and carbs were set up for alcohol and I opted to switch them back to gas(C23) for various reasons. Sent the carbs to Pro Systems to have them switched to gas. Finally got the motor in and started up. It runs fine at idle and up to 3,500 or so but anything above that the motor acts like it has a load on it and won't hardly rev up at all. It really labors just to rev up to 7K and won't go any higher than that. Checked and double checked timing and valves and everything is correct there. Checked plugs and all were black and sooty except number 3 and number 8 and they looked almost like they hadn't been fired! Put fresh plugs in and same thing. Tonight I tried to see if car would get up on converter and it won't. Set two step at 4K and car stalled at 3,800. Set two step at 5K and car still stalled at 3,800. Converter is a 6,300. I don't have any experience with dual carbs or sheet metal intakes or a motor this big and powerful for that matter. I'm lost on what to look for here and what direction to go. Does anyone have any ideas on where to start. I'm happy to post up more info if needed, just trying to not be too long winded. Any ideas????