More info:

Carb is edlebrock. The car was last registered in '89, and I know it wasn't driven since at least 2001. So I have no idea if it ever ran right.

The base idle is real smooth, and I have decent vacuum, so I don't think it has any kind of cam in it. I think I'm dealing with a stock 440 that came out of a 1974 vehicle.

At quarter throttle, the car accelerates and runs OK. If I go from idle to 1/4 throttle, the car takes right off with a little wheelspin and no hesitation at all. If, at cruise (around 35 MPH), I go to half throttle, or WOT, it bogs. It continues to bog for as long as I have my foot in the throttle. It is not a case where it bogs down for a few seconds and then takes off. (i.e. - does not "buck and surge" as was asked above.

If I take my foot back off the pedal, and coast for a few seconds, I can then go back to 1/4 throttle and keep driving. Although at that point it starts to have a hard time at low RPM's. It wants to stall if I'm idling up the hill in my driveway back to the garage. I have to give it more throttle than I should to keep it running. (Hmm - sounds like a fuel issue after all).

Choke is a manual one. If it was sticking closed, I assume my plugs would foul, and they are not.

Vacuum advance is hooked up. I haven't yet tested to see where it is coming in, and how much.

So - sounds like:
Check Fuel Filter
Check Float Levels
Recheck timing and advance.