I found a new Eddy AVS for sale but decided to try a 71 440 AVS on my 383 first since it was on the shelf. It replaced the hated Eddy 750 AFB. I had the AFB running OK but I think the AVS will be better.

I rebuilt the AVS I have this afternoon. It runs OK but is rich(more on that in a minute) and the real problem is that after it gets reved to about 3K, it idles about 1100 RPM. Curb idle holds about 750 where I want it, returns after blipping the throttle lightly.

It only has one port for the vac advance so I ASSUME that it is ported. The AFB idled fine after a rev fest. Timing is 10/34.

The engine is a stock 70 383 HP with a HSD intake and headers. Good chain.

Thr rich issue at idle maybe caused by the idle screws not screwing in the same since I had to tap one that was stripped. I noticed they aren't the same but they are all I have at the moment. That shouldn't matter on the idle speed after reving.

What might do something weird is the rods. I have a 630 AVS that I had to one from since this carb had a BENT rod. The 630 even had a mismatched set so I ended up with one 575 rod and one 572 rod. Could that be a factor in the hanging idle?

I want my fair share