my 70 Charger wasn't registered since 1987 and I got it running in 1999. People at the DMV told me I had to get CHP to sign off on the vehicle before I could get a road worthiness paper (# 7 i think) for the windshield in order to drive it to the DMV. I went to the CHP in old Torrance off of Knox St. and Vermont and they told me that they would do it for a fee but I had to make an appointment and have the car trailered down. I loaded up the car on a AAA tow truck and took it down. They did their thing and told me they had to affix a number plate to the vehicle....in my lack of brain power I forgot to bring the Fender tag.....you have to have your fender tag on, they want to match numbers and run it if it might be stolen. I was done for like 60 bucks, went to the DMV the next day, got a placard, went home, grabbed the Charger and went back. Make sure everything is working. Horns, seatbelts, all windows are in, brake lights, turn signals, hazard lights, rear view mirror and that doors open and close normally and lock.

Family owned 1969 Charger R/T DualQuad 440/727/GVO/3.55s