Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

what do his/yours plugs look like & he might pull his stat for 1 day. EDIT forgot about timing(his vs yours)

My timing is 13 degrees initial and the six pack is 15 degrees initial timing. We cannot go any higher or they ping on 93 pump gas.

Plugs are fine.

What are you recommending we try with the thermostat?

What is his and your TOTAL timing ? I ASSuME the shop that dynoed the engines recurved the dizzy's as needed ?

If the water temps are very close then it's not really running hot . because his crossover is open the intake is hotter on his engine vs. yours , plus the 6pack air cleaner is alot bigger than yours and will trap the heat coming off the engine.

Did you adjust the timing from what the dyno sessions were set at ? if so which way ?

Yes he mentioned any more than 15 degrees initial it will ping, sounds like the dist is not setup right.

I run 18 initial and 34 total and my 440 six pak which runs great and stays cool even on 90 degree days with the AC cranking. I drove it for about a hour last Sun(90 degree day) and then pulled in the driveway and let it idle for another 15 mins and the temp stayed rock steady. BTW all stock cooling system.

That's what I'm wondering , if it was set up right on the dyno and they backed the timing off to stop the pinging then the TOTAL is not enough which will cause the engine to run hotter .