Butch, You don't even need to take the hub off the car and drill from the back. You said you could see the "L" on the stud so that tells me its a regular lug nut. All you need to do is simply drill the lug stud out to 1/2". start with a smaller bit in the center of the stud to assure that you get it centered, then step up to a 1/2 inch bit and drill down in the stud till you are deep enough and the lug nut will pop off onto your drill bit. This will ruin the nut and the stud but chances are, they are both already shot. I have had to do this many times with customer's cars (Chrysler products) with the stainless capped lug nuts that the cap falls off and they keep using the same 19 mm socket on a lug that is now 18 mm due to the .5 mm thick cap missing and it strips the outside of the lug. I have been able to save many alloy wheels that other shops were about to take the "blue tip" to. It saves alot of time not having to fish a cotter pin out through the center hole of the rim (if your rims cover the bearing cap) Oh, by the way the studs are not hardened so they drill pretty easy!