Quote:

How about each day, we meet near the ice cream @ 1pm & 6pm ?

Okay, 1st off it was an AWESOME weekend weatherwise, I thought. I didn't bring my camera, so I got no pics..We had a blast, as we set up our pop up canopies out in the general parking. We had a group of 12 this year. After we got "our area" set up, we made into the stands{on Saturday}. We were near the top of the Force section in row "f". I figured that 1pm was coming around, so I asked my wife if she wanted to come along to meet up with some Moparts members. That leads to the 2nd..

We got to the ice cream stand at around 12:45.. I didn't see anyone with a Mopar shirt or anyone looking like they were waiting to meet anyone.. . I Rick around 1:10. He was in the Funny car pit area and I couldn't hear and/or remember the cell # he gave me, as that is when the Top Fuel cars were making their passes. We stuck around til about 1:25 and decided to to walk around some and try to Rick. My wife was okay with the length of time because she was able to use a clean bathroom with running water.. . No luck so we walked around the pits. I got Larry Dixon's signature and chatted with him briefly. My wife liked that. He was a real cool guy.

I ended the day there a little bummed cause I didn't see any of ya.

Sunday there was a guy in the Force section near us {in the f row again} that was wearing a Hemi Dart t-shirt. Not sure if that was a member here or not. Didn't talk to him.

All in all the weekend was great. We got back home around 3pm today.. I hope we can try and meet up again sometime..

Rick, I called ya again yesterday to see where ya were. I left my cell and thought you'd call back.. I wanted to possibly hook up with later..

MetalStorm, we were at the Super 8 in Elyria. How close were we? You too Rick and anyone else in the area. Just curious. Also, do you know anything about that black Dakota? We saw him win his one and only pass on Sunday and thought for sure he'd back out. Not sure what had happened to him. I was real interested in it because we run the same et's.

Last edited by KatFysh; 06/29/09 06:40 PM.