Don't be scared off by these guys. If you like one guy then use him, but dont scare off someone else based on some random event. As someone said if Evans was bad we would all know to stay away from them. Fact is they have a good product. Maybe not the greatest out there, but go check out the prices of the other guys, maybe they can afford to put on a smile from you guys while taking your hard earned paycheck. I've seen the Evan's at plenty of shows personally and they have always been willing to answer questions. I guess personally doing an all day show out in the hot sun (even with a canopy) has to be tiring on anyone. Dealing with the public is not the easiest job sometime. Shame someone bought a $1000 worth of harnesses without a discount but life is tough sometimes. What would those same harnesses cost from the other guys? Bet it would have been a significant amount. Like I said, buy who you like. If you know so and so personally and always got good stuff from him and they were friendly to you, then go with your gut. But I think being fair to the other guy should be expected unless you personally have some knowledge of some serious poor workmanship. A suspected bad crimp sucks, but who knows maybe the installer was a little too rough.