Quote:

#2 Install a fuel return line from a 3-nipple fuel filter, which is available from any autoparts store between the fuel pump and the carb, and the fuel tank. The third nipple on the 3-nipple fuel filters has a metered orifice to limit the amount of fuel it flows. I had to install a return line and a 2 fitting fuel sending unit on my 68 slant six car to complete this installation. The car had an original 5/16 fuel line, so I added a 3/8ths line as the main fuel line and used the 5/16ths line as the return. I bought a dual fitting fuel sending unit for less than $50 off ebay, ran the lines, installed the 3-nipple filter. I never had a hot start problem again.

Back in the early '90s I had a '66 Valiant, I had installed the super6 2bb intake setup on.
I did something similar, only not running a return line, I just T'd the hose from the 3rd nipple into the fuel line BEFORE the fuel pump.
My reasoning was that there was no pressure there, so anything bled off at the filter was just bled off.

So, was it just my imagination that made me think it solved my heat soak problem?

It takes gasoline to interest me.