Originally Posted by not_a_charger

Or, you you can get that adjuster's supervisor on the phone and tell them you are going to the shop of your choice, and that you will not be using the insurance company app, and that you will expect the other insurance company to set up your rental car and send an appraiser to the shop to look at your car, write the estimate, etc. Polite but firm will make this happen, even if you have to go beyond the supervisor level. If I were that manager and that call made it to me, I would A) take care of it for you immediately, and then B) ask the supervisor WTH they were doing letting that escalate to me in the first place, and then C) review the communication between you and the adjuster in order to give corrective feedback to that person.

Not a Charger was spot on with this one, again. up up

An update for those who may be interested. We wouldn't allow their app to have the ridiculous permissions on our phone and told them so. This was several weeks out from the accident by now.

The adjuster he hawed about giving us an email for pictures but said she would talk to her supervisor, after a few days the adjuster sent us an email and we sent pictures AND the estimate. The next day I got an email from the supervisor that said they were paying the claim from the estimate.

We got the check and we are officially done.

Thank you for the place to rant and the advice. up