Originally Posted by 5thAve
Good post. The video is worth a watch it's a good insight to companies that design and manufacture specific products. If nothing else it's a good warning to do some research before buying some of these products.
You wouldn't expect to get a knock off from a company like Summitt so good for them for stepping up.

I encountered a similar experience year or two ago. I was looking for a mower blade sharpener as I have an acreage. I came across one that was interesting so checking AMZ there was what appeared to be the identical thing down to the part number for 110.00. Cool, I bought it. The designers website price was 195.00 and I thought he has dealers buying in bulk and are able to sell at a discount. Not unusual.
When it showed up it was not the quality I saw on the website. So I called him and he said yes it's being knocked off and I can't afford to fight them frown
I placed an order with him right then and sent the other one back for poor quality. I checked AMZ again today and the cheapest version was 43.00 with many others in the 60-75.00 range.
I have also become aware that one has to be VERY attentive to details in the ads as they are getting as bold in misrepresenting the item with their verbiage as they are with copying the designs.
Thanks to all for keeping this topic "clean" so it doesn't get moved where it will benefit them by becoming much less visible. I would also like to ask that you share to as many forums and social media sites as possible.
thank you all again up beer

Last edited by TJP; 04/19/24 10:08 PM.