Originally Posted by cdwmotorsports
Originally Posted by Neil
Small bolt pattern up to 1972 would have the upper control arms for the smaller ball joints I believe. When they went to the bigger bolt pattern in 1973 the spindles, calipers, and upper control arms were revised.

Thanks, that's what I figured but didn't want to assume it.

true as posted. you need to swap out your upper control arm to use the spindle and larger ball joints of the common conversion.
however, depending on the condition of your upper control arm, ball joint and bushings, our own Dr Diff may have a solution.
my one buddy wanted to convert to discs on his wife's 72 duster. this car had already been treated to new bushings, ball joints, etc. plus a set of the 73 up control arms couldn't be found [at that particular time, that matched with his tight time frame to get the car done].
the good doctor had a pair of taper adapters that were red loc-tited to the small joint pin, bringing them to the large joint pin size and taper. they were pretty cheap to boot.
i bought a pair, they were super easy to install, and have worked flawlessly for many years.
you might contact him to see if this may be a viable option for you.
just throwing this out there in case it may be able to help you out.
beer